Buy Highland Eclipse

Buy Highland Games

Powered by Blogger.

Buy Highlander Reborn

Buy Highland Destiny

Buy The Broken Highlander

Buy The Broken Highlander
Free! The Broken Highlander

Amethyst Heat Free

Amethyst Heat

Follow Me on Bookbub

Follow Me on Bookbub
Follow Me on Bookbub

Celtic Hearts RWA

Followers

Sunday, January 12, 2020

My Workspace

On Twitter some of us were talking about our workspaces, and I figured I ought to share that over here.

About 5 years ago or so we moved into a house that has a downstairs room. I used to write in the loft of our old house, because that's where the computer was, but now? I had an office. I was so excited for this! And then I discovered that at night, which is primarily when I write, I don't like being tucked away downstairs away from the sleeping family. I'm so contrary! First the loft was too busy, now the office is too lonely...Okay Goldilocks, which is just right?

I felt guilty since I had kept asking for an office and I finally had one to myself, so I kept at it, but mostly ended up at the dinner table. It made it easier to hear the baby monitor (it didn't reach to the office) and watch the kids. But as the kids got older, they started taking it over. My husband built them a pretty cool hideout and rock wall. Do you know how hard it is to work with someone hanging above you like it's a jungle gym? So. Hard.


As the baby got older, I started working in my room. She played a lot in my room and I would sit on my bed or the floor. After a while, my neck and back would bother me from typing in bed. I kept mentioning getting a small cushioned bench or couch for the foot of the bed, but my husband surprised me last year and bought a floating desk that folds away.

So while I still work in my room, now I'm at least at a desk. And I don't have to share it with the kids. Although they are in my room constantly. But I've discovered that I don't mind the noise. :)


2 comments:

  1. I see your nightstand with all the books.:)It looks almost like mine.:D

    ReplyDelete