Buy Highland Eclipse

Buy Highland Games

Powered by Blogger.

Buy Highlander Reborn

Buy Highland Destiny

Buy The Broken Highlander

Buy The Broken Highlander
Free! The Broken Highlander

Amethyst Heat Free

Amethyst Heat

Follow Me on Bookbub

Follow Me on Bookbub
Follow Me on Bookbub

Celtic Hearts RWA

Followers

Blog Archive

Saturday, June 11, 2022

A Surprising Find


 Recently my friend, and fellow author, K.T. Grant came to my town! We got to hang out by the pool all day and go wander around the Venetian. The shops at the Venetian are fun to look at, don't get me wrong, but none compared to what we found ourselves staring at.

There is a store there called Bauman Rare Books and oh my gosh it is amazing! I have to be honest, I didn't know we had rare bookstores here where I live. I mean, New York, London, Paris...sure. But The Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas? Really?

I was afraid to even go in! But you know I did! I held the straps of my purse very tightly so I wouldn't be tempted to touch anything, because boy did I want to touch! I got to look at pages from a Book of Hours from the Middle Ages, I got to see something Napoleon had signed. I mean this place was pretty awesome, and I just knew you could appreciate it.

I have never been inside a rare book shop before, so this was such a unique experience. How about you? Have you ever been inside one? 

2 comments:

  1. No I have never been inside one but I want to. Would be amazing to find Snorre's Edda. It is an Icelandic book from the 1200s I think and it is about the Vikings! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like it would be so amazing to see!

      Delete