Buy Highland Eclipse

Blog Archive

Buy Highland Games

Powered by Blogger.

Buy Highlander Reborn

Buy Highland Destiny

Buy The Broken Highlander

Buy The Broken Highlander
Free! The Broken Highlander

Amethyst Heat Free

Amethyst Heat

Follow Me on Bookbub

Follow Me on Bookbub
Follow Me on Bookbub

Celtic Hearts RWA

Followers

Blog Archive

Friday, February 10, 2012

Recycled for Earth Day

Hi everyone! In honor of Earth Day, I’d like to start this off with a recycled post.

Last week I took over www.fullmoonbites.blogspot.com for the day, and thought it might be fun to share what I wrote.

I’d like to introduce myself. I’m Laura Hunsaker, author of Highland Destiny, but also, for those of you who follow, I’m the Highland Hussy over at www.demonloversbooksandmore.com
Now, being a fellow book blogger and an author, you’d think I’d have all these great ideas for a guest post. But I had nothing. So I took to twitter and had a nice chat with my friend Nissie who suggested the topic “scars.” I think that’s such a great topic because in Highland Destiny, there’s a great scene about our hero Connor’s scars, where the heroine Mackenzie is tracing his scars and hearing the stories that accompany each. Until she comes to the one she left on his forearm as she’d tried to escape him. And that one in particular holds a special meaning for him. I started thinking about why scars are important in a romance novel, and I think that with the emergence of the Alpha Male as the hero, scars become incredibly important!
Think about what a scar means-it means you survived. You are stronger. My hero, Connor, is a Highlander. A fighter. A warrior. And he lived during the late 1700s, so Scotland was still fighting the Clearances that England forced on them. I think it’s obvious he’d have a few scars, either from battles against the English, or just between the clans.

But let’s not forget that not all scars are visible. So many, many heroes are flawed. And the people we love leave us with are some of the most important scars. Those on our heart. Our psyche. Our minds. There’s another scene in Highland Destiny where we see just how deep Mackenzie has cut Connor. His outer scars have nothing on the ones she leaves on his heart.

So, my question to you, What do scars mean to you? Is it important to have a scarred or flawed hero? I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about it.
see the original post and review of Highland Destiny at
http://fullmoonbites.blogspot.com/2011/04/guest-post-scars-by-laura-hansaker.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment