Buy Highland Eclipse

Buy Highland Games

Powered by Blogger.

Buy Highlander Reborn

Buy Highland Destiny

Buy The Broken Highlander

Buy The Broken Highlander
Free! The Broken Highlander

Amethyst Heat Free

Amethyst Heat

Follow Me on Bookbub

Follow Me on Bookbub
Follow Me on Bookbub

Celtic Hearts RWA

Followers

Blog Archive

Saturday, June 25, 2022

The Book Made Me Do It

The other day a friend asked if there was anything a book had ever influenced you to do? As in, let’s say you were taking a trip to London. Have all of those Regencies made you want to see Vauxhall? Or Covent Garden? How about those Scottish Romances? Did you buy your man (or self!) a kilt? Well, my answer is a lot less normal and incredibly embarrassing. 

In my teens, I was all about the Harlequin categories. I devoured them. I was in the subscription service and I was obsessed with the Australian Outback romances. There was one in particular....I wish I could find the book for you, I really do. But here goes. I was so in love with one book that I bought the outfit the heroine was wearing. 


In my mind I was this adventurous heroine who would one day meet her rugged Australian hero and Chris Hemsworth, uh I mean, the random man who had no resemblance whatsoever to any actors, would sweep me off my feet. 


In reality? I probably looked like a camp counselor or a zookeeper. A lot less sexy heroine, and a lot more Crocodile Hunter. 

So how about you? Has a book ever influenced you to do something?




2 comments:

  1. I'm a bit obsessed with Jamie Fraser from Outlander so I have a lot of Outlander clothes. I pretend to be Claire so I can get Jamie. I'm such a dork. Lol. :) But I really love my Claire riding coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with that! Besides, it's a fabulous coat!

      Delete