Buy Highland Eclipse

Buy Highland Games

Powered by Blogger.

Buy Highlander Reborn

Buy Highland Destiny

Buy The Broken Highlander

Buy The Broken Highlander
Free! The Broken Highlander

Amethyst Heat Free

Amethyst Heat

Follow Me on Bookbub

Follow Me on Bookbub
Follow Me on Bookbub

Celtic Hearts RWA

Followers

Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017: The Year of the Re-read

One of my New Year's resolutions is to blog more. I think I'll start tonight, cross-posting this from Got Fiction? the blog I review for.

Because I spent more time writing than reading this year, I didn't commit to as many review books. So, 2017 has been the year of the re-read for me. There were some really great books I discovered this year (Day of the Duchess by Sarah MacLean and Going Dark by Monica McCarty), and there were some big stinkers as well, but lots of bloggers will be doing end of the year round ups. I figured since I chose my comfort reads as ones I enjoy over and over, that I would share them with you guys, and hopefully you’ll see one you wind up loving as much as I do. I’ll link each title to my review, in case you want to check those out.
Feel free to comment your comfort reads, or one that  I should be reading.
I’ve read this book so many times that I’ve actually worn through two or three of the paperbacks. This is one of my all time favorite books, and even though I finally bought the ebook, I will probably wear through another paperback. Callie is a character who slowly realizes her worth. And while Gabriel is watching her find herself, he’s falling desperately in love with her. The sexual tension between these two is perfection. I aspire to write half this well.
2. The Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews Magic Shifts Review
The Innkeeper series by Ilona Andrews (no review because I’m a loser who forgot to write one!)
The Hidden Legacy series by Ilona Andrews Burn For Me Review
sensing a trend yet? Next up will be The Edge series
I can’t say enough about Ilona Andrews. Their books leave you stuck in their world, unable and unwilling to leave, hoping there’s someway to keep that feeling for an extra day or two. Classic Book Hangover. I have never reread a book the same day I finished it for the first time, and yet I think I’ve done that twice with Kate Daniels and The Hidden Legacy. You will thank me for recommending this to you. Hidden Legacy is probably my favorite series out there, and that’s saying a lot.
She’s one of my favorite Paranormal Romance/Romantic Suspense authors, and this book hits all the high notes. If you want to know what I miss most in Romancelandia, it’s good PNR. I really do. This combines the intensity of her Romantic Suspenses with the Paranormal aspect and the good news is that the whole series is out and for sale at decent prices, in case this book hooks you ðŸ˜‰
Ah, one of my first Paranormal Romances way back from 2009. I can’t tell you how much I love the world Ms. Cole has created. Her Immortals After Dark are sexy, and silly, and absolutely one of my favorite series. If you haven’t read any of this series, you are absolutely missing out. I have the latest installment on my nightstand, but I don’t want to read it yet because I know I’ll want to ignore life until I’m done and I don’t have a day where I can blanket fort all day long and read. This is my rainy day book.
This book makes me happy. It’s fun, it’s flirty, and it’s fantastic! Tessa Dare at her best! It’s a cross-over between the Spindle Cove series and the Castles Ever After series and it’s just delightful. If you need a happy read, grab a Tessa Dare book. I always read her books with a smile on my face.



2 comments:

  1. My comfort reads are Highland Destiny by you,Avenger's heat by Katie Reus and Bound to Danger by Katie Reus.:)

    ReplyDelete